幸运飞艇计划qq群网the board of friends council on education affirms that its membership is comprised of religious schools based on the faith and practice of the religious society of friends. member institutions are those friends schools that have been approved by the board of the friends council on education for membership.
All member schools meet the criteria for membership below.
幸运飞艇计划qq群网the school acknowledges in its catalogues and other published statements of purpose the intent to be guided by the basic tenets and educational aims of the religious society of friends.
the school has given evidence of putting those aims and tenets into practice including:
- Weekly Meeting for Worship is fundamental to the Quaker essence and character of the school.
- Some members of the school’s board participate in a committee or task group whose function is to nurture the Quaker dimension of the school.
幸运飞艇计划qq群网the school's by-laws or other documents clearly describe the school's affiliation with the religious society of friends.
The school completes a Quaker self-study幸运飞艇计划qq群网 and Membership Renewal Process at least once every ten years.
a team from friends council has visited the school, made recommendations to the school and to the friends council board, and the board has approved the school for membership.
幸运飞艇计划qq群网the school completes the annual school governance survey and contributes annual membership dues to friends council on education.
- Benefits of Friends Council Membership
- Provisional Membership
- Affiliate Schools, Camps, and Educational Organizations
Member Schools & Organization Benefits
- Directory of Schools – Inclusion in and access to the public, searchable list of member organizations and in the downloadable eBook.
- Job Listings – Free listing of your job openings on this web site.
- Grants to schools – Opportunity to apply for Friends Council Grants and Tuition Aid grants.
- Programs – Member rate (financial assistance available to members) for Friends Council workshops and peer networks. - Opportunity for faculty/staff to participate in Friends Council's Enrichment Programs (SPARC and Leadership Institute).
- Resources – A variety of free and discounted resources. Access to Friends Council staff for consultations.
- Discounts on bulk orders.
- - Eligibility to network and join the conversation at .
- Member Logo – for display on your web site and print matter.
- Membership Certificate for display.
- Priority e-mail and mail notification of Friends Council workshops, events and resources.
a school wishing to join the friends council on education completes the application for provisional membership indicating its intention to engage in the quaker self-study for membership renewal process (mrp) in the future.
幸运飞艇计划qq群网with the application for provisional membership, the school submits material fulfilling the following:
- The school acknowledges in its catalogues and other published statements of purpose the intent to be guided by the basic tenants of the Society of Friends and the aims of Quaker education.
- The school gives evidence of putting this intention into practice including:
- Plans for a weekly Meeting for Worship in the manner of Friends (settling in, centering, silent reflection and speaking) for students and staff.
- Plans to establish a committee or work group, in which some members of the school’s board participate, whose function is to nurture the Quaker dimension of the school.
- The school gives evidence of a well-functioning board that includes sufficient representation of Friends and those familiar with Friends education to strengthen and support the school’s continuing Quaker dimension.
- The school’s by-laws or other documents that clearly describe the school’s affiliation with the Religious Society of Friends; financial statements that show evidence of planning for the future.
During the first year 幸运飞艇计划qq群网(with students), the school completes the annual school governance survey and contributes annual Provisional Membership dues to the Friends Council on Education.
By the end of the second year the school will be informally visited by a Friends Council staff, board, or membership committee member.
During the third year, the school addresses its Quaker dimension using the Queries for Provisional Membership幸运飞艇计划qq群网 from the Friends Council on Education.
During the fourth year, the Friends Council on Education’s Membership Committee sends representatives for a formal visit to the school to review the school’s responses to the Queries for Provisional Membership and to serve as resource and support for the growth of the school’s Quaker dimension.
In the fifth year幸运飞艇计划qq群网, the Membership Committee of the Friends Council makes recommendations to the school and to the Friends Council Board, and the Board makes a decision regarding the school’s membership status.
By the fifth year, Friends Council recommends that the school begin its state or regional accreditation process.
Affiliation with the Friends Council on Education is for Friends schools outside 幸运飞艇计划qq群网of the United States and Friends educational organizations whose governance reflects having a connection with a Quaker meeting; or whose board membership includes sufficient representation of Quakers to model, support, articulate and advocate for the organization's continuing Quaker identity.
Affiliation is not for Friends schools in the United States.
friends council services to affiliates include:
- Listing as a Friends College, Global Affiliate School, or an Affiliate Educational Organization in the Friends Council on Education’s Online Directory, which includes links and contact information for all schools and organizations affiliated with the Friends Council.
- Opportunity to post job openings on the Friends Council on Education website.
- Opportunity to join , the Friends Council’s social networking forum for idea and information exchange and sharing of resources.
- Information and access at the member rate to workshops and seminars sponsored by Friends Council on Education.
- Access to Friends Council web resource materials and literature.